WADARC meets at – TS Vanguard, 9a Broadwater Road, Worthing. BN14 8AD
THE PAST WEEK
Sorry I couldn’t make it to last Tuesday’s meeting, but Maureen had to come first. She’s had a small procedure for Carpal Tunnel in her right wrist and is doing well, but still needs my help. So far I’ve not managed to poison us or make any white shirts scarlet!
Roger reports that around 10 members attended the meeting and lively discussion ensued. Bryan, G0SIU was once again busy working on the Shack and has completed installation of the Cable Tidies.
This Tuesday sees the 2nd leg of the 2 metre foxhunt. TS Vanguard will be open for all members who are not taking part on the road. Here are instructions from the ‘Foxes’:
We will start transmitting at 7:30pm on 145.425 MHz FM. We will transmit the 1st 3 calls at 10 minute intervals, the next six at 5, on the 6th call we will reduce power from 5w to 1w and transmit every 2 minutes. We will be using a basic antenna. We know this is a change in format but it will help people find us. Clues will start at the end of hour 1, depending on the weather people may need to walk to find us a maximum of 100 metres from the road, just to make it interesting, if its raining we will be in a car. The North boundary will the Top of the Downs, East – Portslade, West – Angmering.
CLUB MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- 2nd leg 2 metre Fox Hunt – Tuesday 25th June – 7.30pm-10.00pm – TS Vanguard will be open for Tea and Chat for those not on the Fox Hunt. Tea and biscuits as usual
- Designing and building antenna parts using Fusion 360 with additive and subtractive manufacturing. M0VUE – Tuesday 2nd July – 8.00pm-10.00pm – TS Vanguard
- Sunday Breakfast – Sunday 7th July – 9.00am-10.00am – Morrisons, Worthing
- Junk Sale – Tuesday 9th July – 7.30pm-10.00pm – TS Vanguard – Note: Early start time
- Setting up your computer for Omnirig, Log4OM and connecting to a USB radio – Tuesday 16th July – 8.00pm-10.00pm – TS Vanguard
- Quiz Night – Tuesday 23rd July – 8.00pm-10.00pm – TS Vanguard
- Tea and Chat Night – Tuesday 30th July – 8.00pm-10.00pm – TS Vanguard
For further information as it occurs, please visit the WADARC website: http://www.wadarc.org.uk
Monday – 2 metres 145.425 MHz, FM, 7.30pm (local)
Thursday – 40 metres 7.106 MHz +- QRM, SSB, 11.00am (local)
Saturday – 70cms on GB3WO, 7.00pm (local)
Sunday – 80 metres 3.712 MHz +- QRM, SSB, 7.30am – 8.00am (local)
Local, national and some international rallies can be found by visiting this excellent website: http://www.g4rga.org.uk/All.html
Spring 2019 edition published – http://www.wadarc.org.uk/ragchew/spring-2019
HF and VHF
RSGB propagation information can be found by following this link: https://rsgb.org/main/blog/news/gb2rs/propagation-news/2019/06/21/propagation-news-23-june-2019/
GB3WSX – IO80QW – 70.007 MHz
GB3BAA – IO91PS – 70.016 MHz
F1ZXK – JN18KF – 144.438 MHz
F5ZSF – IN88GS – 144.409 MHz
GB3VHF – JO01EH – 144.430 MHz
ON0VHF – JO20HP – 144.418 MHz
F5XBA – JN18KF – 432.830 MHz
GB3UHF – JO01EH – 432.430 MHz
ON0UHF – JO20ET – 432.567 MHz
WADARC members (and others) can subscribe to the DX News service without joining ARRL.
Send an email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line put the word Subscribe followed by your email address
ARRL will send an acknowledgement and you will receive the weekly DX News as an email, usually on a Friday
The RSGB VHF/UHF Contest and Activity calendar is available via this link: https://www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/readcal.pl?year=2019
If anyone fancies bringing a portable 2 metre antenna and suitable rig to TS Vanguard on Tuesday, to listen to the Fox Hunt proceeding – it will be much appreciated.