WADARC meets at – Lions Hall, 21 Roberts Road, Lancing. BN15 8AR.
THE PAST WEEK
Last Wednesday meeting was quite well attended. I brought in a lightening detector I had made from a few op-amps and Phil brought in a tube of 50 or so op-amps asking for ideas for things to do with them!
so if anyone wants a fun circuit to build to detect lightening within a ca. 50-100 mile range, drop me a line and I can send you the circuit … and Phil will be happy to supply the chips 🙂 (he has lots more!)
10m has been good this last month for sporadic-E. I worked an F5 station running 150 W into a 10 element Yagi on 10m – Have not even got this on 2m (yet .. although I am working on it) !!
Note: Some of the 2m beacons have been ‘up’ recently: for example F5ZSF (IN88) was S9 one night (usually its audible but does not give an S-meter reading),
so its worth checking out 144MHz SSB (or CW of course) for tropo in the evenings / mornings (temperature inversions etc.).
Good DX, keep listening
CLUB MEETINGS & EVENTS
- Sunday Breakfast – Sunday 5th August – 9.00am-10.00am – Goring Cafe
- Outside on the Air – Wednesday 8th August – 7.30pm-10.00pm – Chantry Lane Car Park
- Lecture – RFI – Wednesday 15th August – 8.00pm-10.00pm – Lions Hall – Note: Change of event.
- Lighthouses on the Air – Saturday 18th/Sunday 19th August – All day both days – Shoreham Lighthouse
- Practical Evening – Wednesday 22nd August – 8.00pm-10.00pm – Lions Hall
- Outside Event (to be announced) – Wednesday 29th August – 7.30pm-10.00pm
For further information as it occurs, please visit the WADARC website: www.wadarc.org.uk
Monday – 2 metres 145.425 MHz, FM, 7.30pm (local)
Thursday – 40 metres 7.106 MHz +/-QRM, SSB, 11.00am (local)
Saturday – 70 cms on GB3WO, 7.00pm (local)
Sunday – 80 metres 3.712 MHz +/- QRM, SSB, 7.30am-8.00am (local)
Local, national and some international rallies can be found by visiting this excellent website: http://www.g4rga.org.uk/All.html
Spring 2018 edition published – http://www.wadarc.org.uk/ragchew/spring-2018
HF and VHF:
RSGB propagation info can be found by following this link: http://rsgb.org/main/blog/news/gb2rs/propagation-news/2018/06/01/propagation-news-3-june-2018/
VHF/UHF Beacons often heard in our area:
- GB3WSX – IO80QW – 70.007 MHz
- GB3BAA – IO91PS – 70.016 MHz
- F1ZXK – JN18KF – 144.438 MHz
- F5ZSF – IN88GS – 144.409 MHz
- GB3VHF – JO01EH – 144.430 MHz
- ON0VHF – JO20HP – 144.418 MHz
- F5XBA – JN18KF – 432.830 MHz
- GB3UHF – JO01EH – 432.430 MHz
- ON0UHF – JO20ET – 432.567 MHz
WADARC members (and others) can subscribe to the DX News service without joining ARRL. Send an email to this address: email@example.com In the subject line put the word Subscribe followed by your email address ARRL will send an acknowledgement and you will receive the weekly DX News as an email, usually on a Friday
The RSGB VHF/UHF Contest and Activity calendar is available via this link: https://www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/readcal.pl?year=2018