WADARC meets at – Lions Hall, 21 Roberts Road, Lancing. BN15 8AR.
THE PAST WEEK
Last Wednesday’s meeting was our annual Construction Competition. There were three exhibits – A well thought out portable setup (shack in a box) by Les, G3JSU – A Sotabeams balun and G5RV antenna by Alex, 2E0UMD – and 2 metre linear amplifier unfinished by Alan, G4GNX. There was a secret vote and the winner was Les, G3JSU.
There was also some discussion about the forthcoming Annual General Meeting and members present were urged to persuade other members to attend.
The annual WADARC Christmas get-together takes place on Wednesday 12th December, 7.00pm at The Old Tollgate, Bramber. There is a Doodle Poll setup for members who wish to join in:
Please let us know if you’ll be there as soon as possible, as we have to let the restaurant know by the end of next week.
CLUB MEETINGS & EVENTS
- Annual General Meeting – Wednesday 31st October – 8.00pm-10.00pm – Lions Hall
- Tea and Chat – Wednesday 7th November – 8.00pm-10.00pm – Lions Hall
- Lecture or Podcast – Wednesday 14th November – 8.00pm-10.00pm – Lions Hall
- Tea and Chat – Wednesday 21st November – 8.00pm-10.00pm – Lions Hall
- Practical Evening – Wednesday 28th November – 8.00pm-10.00pm – Lions Hall
- Sunday Breakfast – Sunday 2nd December – 9.00am-10.00am – Goring Cafe
- Tea and Chat – Wednesday 5th December – 8.00pm-10.00pm – Lions Hall
- Christmas Meal – Wednesday 12th December – 7.00pm-10.00pm – Old Tollgate, Bramber – NOTE: Lions Hall closed
- Tea and Chat – Wednesday 19th December – 8.00pm-10.00pm – Lions Hall
- No meeting – Wednesday 26th December – Lions Hall closed
For further information as it occurs, please visit the WADARC website: www.wadarc.org.uk
Monday – 2 metres 145.425 MHz, FM, 7.30pm (local)
Thursday – 40 metres 7.106 MHz +/-QRM, SSB, 11.00am (local)
Saturday – 70 cms on GB3WO, 7.00pm (local)
Sunday – 80 metres 3.712 MHz +/- QRM, SSB, 7.30am-8.00am (local)
Local, national and some international rallies can be found by visiting this excellent website: http://www.g4rga.org.uk/All.html
Summer 2018 edition published – http://www.wadarc.org.uk/ragchew/summer-2018
HF and VHF:
RSGB propagation info can be found by following this link: https://rsgb.org/main/blog/news/gb2rs/propagation-news/2018/10/26/propagation-news-28-october-2018/
GB3WSX – IO80QW – 70.007 MHz
GB3BAA – IO91PS – 70.016 MHz
F1ZXK – JN18KF – 144.438 MHz
F5ZSF – IN88GS – 144.409 MHz
GB3VHF – JO01EH – 144.430 MHz
ON0VHF – JO20HP – 144.418 MHz
F5XBA – JN18KF – 432.830 MHz
GB3UHF – JO01EH – 432.430 MHz
ON0UHF – JO20ET – 432.567 MHz
WADARC members (and others) can subscribe to the DX News service without joining ARRL.
Send an email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line put the word Subscribe followed by your email address
ARRL will send an acknowledgement and you will receive the weekly DX News as an email, usually on a Friday
The RSGB VHF/UHF Contest and Activity calendar is available via this link: https://www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/readcal.pl?year=2018
One final reminder that the WADARC AGM takes place this coming Wednesday (31st October) at 8.00pm. Please try to attend to decide on the future of YOUR club.