Worthing and District Amateur Radio club weekly up-date – Friday 17th June 2016
*** Club diary for the coming weeks ***
- Club Evening – Wed 22nd June – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • Outside On the Air – Wed 29th June – 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm • Sunday Breakfast – Sun 3rd July – 9:00 am – 10:00 am • Club Evening – Wed 6th July – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • On the Air Weekend – Fri 8th – Sun 10th July – 3:00 pm • Club Evening – Wed 13th July – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • Outside On the Air – Wed 20th July – 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm • Club Evening – Wed 27th July – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • Outside On the Air – Wed 3rd August – 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm • Sunday Breakfast – Sun 7th August – 9:00 am – 10:00 am • Club Evening – Wed 10th August – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • Club BBQ – Wed 17th August – 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm • Club Evening – Wed 24th August – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • Fox Hunt – Wed 31st August – 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm • Club Evening – Wed 7th September – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • Club Evening – Wed 14th September – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • Club Evening – Wed 21st September – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • Lecture by Rob Mannion, G3XFD – Wed 28th September – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • Annual General Meeting – Wed 5th October – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm • The Year Ahead Discussion – Wed 12th October – 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
more info on the WADARC web site: www.wadarc.org.uk
*** Other news ***
Special Event Stations
Fire Station Open Day, Ardshell Road, Worthing – 10am to 4pm, Sat 23rd July
VHF Field Day: Fri 1st – Sun 3rd July (location and times TBC) SSB Field Day: Fri 2nd – Sun 4th September (location and times TBC) check out WADARC web-site for up-dates: www.wadarc.org.uk
Band-plan changes (1 june 2016):
This weeks summary radio prop. news from the RSGB solar forecast (by G0KYA, G3YLA & G4BAO):
* fantastic six metre propagation including Multi-hop sporadic E across the Atlantic (Arizona and south to Texas)
* HF dominated yet again by unsettled geomagnetic conditions.
* more unsettled geomagnetic conditions likely.
* Noon-time F2 layer maximum usable frequencies over a 3,000km path are hitting 18.2MHz at times
* 20 metres remaining open during the night
* VHF and up propagation – stream activity over Europe this week will be weaker and therefore any sporadic E produced may be more fleeting; so not such a good week.
* prospects for tropo are marginal
NOTE: WADARC 40 metre Thursday morning net starts at 11:00 (local time) Frequency 7.106MHz +-QRM
Note: for an MP3 version of the RSGB Bulletin search for “G4NJH + RSGB”
Or listen to the bulletin on 145.525 MHz 09:30 on Sunday mornings from WADARC members G8MSQ or G0TLU. After the broadcast why not call in to let them know you were listening.
If you have any news that you would like to be included in these weekly e-mails please let me know.
The latest Ragchew is available on the Club’s website at:
RSGB Clubs Newsletter:
check out these World’s Best Ever Dronies (Drone Selfies):
keep listening to the bands … good luck, low noise and good DX 🙂
ARLD025 DX news
This week’s bulletin was made possible with information provided by NY3B, QRZ DX, the OPDX Bulletin, 425 DX News, The Daily DX, DXNL, Contest Corral from QST and the ARRL Contest Calendar and WA7BNM web sites. Thanks to all.
MAURITIUS, 3B8. Robert, M0RCX is QRV as 3B8/M0RCX until July 14.
Activity is on the HF bands and 6 meters using SSB and various digital modes. QSL via EB7DX.
AZERBAIJAN, 4J. Special event stations 4JF1BAKU, 4JF1EU and 4KF1BAKU are QRV until June 19 during the first Formula 1 Grand Prix in Baku. QSL 4JF1BAKU via 4J4K, 4JF1EU direct via 4J3DJ, and 4KF1BAKU via 4J6RO.
SAMOA, 5W. Tom, KC0W is QRV as 5W0COW. Activity is on 160 to 6 meters using only CW. This includes activity in all major CW contests. His length of stay is unknown. QSL to home call.
MALDIVES, 8Q. Wolfgang, DK1HW will be QRV as 8Q7HW from Mushimasgali Island, IOTA AS-013, from June 20 to 28. Activity will be holiday style on the HF bands using CW, SSB and PSK31. QSL to home call.
NEPAL, 9N. Nobuaki, JA0JHQ is QRV as 9N7NH from Kathmandu until June 20. Activity is on 40 to 6 meters using mainly CW, SSB and possibly RTTY. This includes being an entry in the All Asian DX CW contest. QSL to home call.
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY, DA. Special event station DR777RI is QRV until the end of 2016 to mark the 777th anniversary of the town of Rinteln. QSL via DL8OBQ.
SAINT BARTHELEMY, FJ. Dave, W9DR and Tom, W9AEB are QRV as FJ/home calls until June 29. Activity is on 40 to 6 meters using CW and SSB. They will have a 6-meter beacon on 50115.7 kHz. QSL to home calls.
- LUCIA, J6. Steve, NY3B will be QRV as J6/NY3B from Rodney Bay from June 22 to July 4. Activity will be holiday style on 40 to 15 meters, and 10 meters if conditions permit, using CW and SSB. QSL via operator’s instructions.
AUSTRIA, OE. Special event station OE2016EURO is QRV until July 10 during the European Football Championship. QSL via bureau.
GREECE, SV. Dave, GM0LVI is QRV as SV8/GM0LVI/p from Zakynthos Island, IOTA EU-052, until July 6. Activity is on the HF bands running 10 watts. QSL to home call.
PALAU, T8. Katsu, JE6DND will be QRV as T88HK from Koror Island, IOTA OC-009, from June 18 to 21. Activity will be on 160 to 6 meters using CW, SSB and various digital modes. QSL direct to home call.
ICELAND, TF. Alan, W4MQC is QRV as TF/W4MQC from the Troll Peninsula until the end of July. Activity is holiday style mostly on 30 meters, but also on 40 and 20 meters as well. QSL to home call.
CORSICA, TK. Chris, F5OHM will be QRV as TK/F5OHM from Vico from June 19 to 24. Activity will be on 40 to 10 meters using CW and SSB. QSL to home call.
MICRONESIA, V6. Sho, JA7MHZ and Masahiko, JA7EPO are QRV as V63DX and V63IX, respectively, from Pohnpei Island, IOTA OC-010, until June 25. Activity is on 80 to 6 meters using PSK and JT65. QSL to home calls.
MACAO, XX9. Gerben, PG5M will be QRV as XX9TGM from the Grand Coloane Resort, IOTA AS-075, from June 20 to 27. Activity will be on the HF bands using only CW. QSL to home call.
INDONESIA, YB. A large group of operators are QRV as YB8O from various Banggai Islands, IOTA OC-208, until June 20. Activity is on
40 to 10 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL via YB8RW.
THIS WEEKEND ON THE RADIO. The Stew Perry Topband CW Challenge, NCCC RTTY Sprint, NCCC CW Sprint, SMIRK 6-Meter Contest, All Asian DX CW Contest, Ukrainian DX Classic RTTY Contest, ARR BPSK63 Contest, AGCW VHF/UHF CW Contest, IARU Region 1 50 MHz Contest, West Virginia QSO Party, Kid’s Day SSB Contest, Feld Hell Sprint and WAB
50 MHz Phone will certainly keep contesters busy this upcoming weekend.
The Run for the Bacon QRP CW Contest is scheduled for June 20. The CWops Mini-CWT CW Test, Phone Fray and SKCC CW Sprint are scheduled for June 22.
The ARRL National Parks on the Air event runs during all of 2016 to mark the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service.
Please see June QST, page 86, and the ARRL and WA7BNM Contest Web sites for details.